MJE's SNAP to Work - Personal Leadership Training program provides low-income women and men with the opportunity to enhance job readiness and employability. During the 4-week program, participants engage in:
- Personal goal setting activities and the development of an Individual Action Plan
- Individualized case management
- Goal-oriented financial literacy training; and
- Individualized workforce development trainings such as computer literacy, job readiness and skills training, and professional skills development.
Participants also receive mentoring/coaching, wraparound services, job search assistance, referrals to additional training and service programs and follow up supports as needed.
Outcomes are that participants will (based on individual need):
- Secure employment. These clients will have the option of receiving job retention services through MJE. This includes ongoing case management and mentoring to provide:
- Continued referral for services
- Addressing needs/challenges that arise (i.e. changes to housing, childcare, transportation, etc.)
- Addressing client interest in changing employment or other status as applicable
- Transition to skills training and/or education programs, such as Certified Nurse Assistant Programs with HEARTS or certification programs through Ben Franklin Institute, New England Culinary Center, ESOL classes, HiSet classes, etc. This group will continue to be supported with MJE Case Management as needed or may come back to MJE for job placement or other services following completion of their training.
- Participate in internships with MJE and/or partner agencies. These are subsidized positions (by grants/contracts) and will include working in administration in an office or health care environment most typically. Internships depend on client interest, need for job experience or experience in a specific field, as well as difficulty finding employment otherwise.
MJE has a wide range of existing employment and internship partners including: Partners HealthCare, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Anodyne, Chase Bank, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Building Pathways, New England Center for Arts and Technology Culinary Arts Program, and others. MJE anticipates our clients will obtain jobs in retail, administrative, health care, childcare, construction, and related roles. Collaborations occur ongoing, we regularly meet and connect with employer partners through daily interaction as we seek to support our clients.